We would like to take this opportunity to share with our Primary parent community some of our Secondary student successes from the 2015-16 academic year. Students achieved an astonishing set of external exam results and University offers; some of the best we have seen in the history of Century Park Campus.
Should you wish for more programme information on the Y10-Y11 IGCSE (International General Certificate of General Education) or the Y12-Y13 IB Dip (International Baccalaureate Diploma programme), please visit the Secondary School blog (password: family)
We are incredibly proud to offer our congratulations to the Y11 IGCSE class of 2016. Between April and June the students in Year 11 at CP Secondary took the largest number of Cambridge IGCSEs in the history of the school. The addition of compulsory IGCSE Global Perspectives meant that the average number of IGCSE’s per student was 9.6. With some students opting to take IGCSE’s in their home languages of Italian, Japanese and Portuguese, and others taking Additional Mathematics, there were some students taking an incredible 12 IGCSE subjects.
Results Summary Overview
- 94% of all examinations sat achieved an A* – C grade, with 62% of all exams either an A* or an A.
- 54% of students achieved at least 7 A* or A grades.
- 25% of students achieved at least 9 A* or A grades
- 2 students achieved 12 A* / A grades, which is a new school record.
- The average number of A*/A grades per student was 6.3.
- 15 Subjects had 100% pass rates.
- An incredible 43 school subject records were either broken, equalled or newly established.
IB Results & University Acceptances
Besides being well above the world average, our IB cohort of 2016 were also the best set of IB results received by IB students at Century Park Campus.
Below is a highlight of the students’ incredible scores:
- The average combined IB score of the YCIS Shanghai Class of 2016 was an astonishing 35 / 45 points, five points higher than the worldwide average of 30 / 45.
- The overall percentage of diploma students who achieved a score of 40 / 45 or higher was 15%, more than double the global average of 7%.
- 43% of YCIS Shanghai students pursued and achieved a bilingual diploma, demonstrating the impact of the school’s robust Chinese Language programme.
In addition to these tremendous IB examination results, YCIS’s Class of 2016 were offered acceptances to several top universities around the world, including the following:
- Brown University (USA)
- Stanford University (USA)
- UCLA Davis (USA)
- Yale-NUS (USA / Singapore)
- NYU Shanghai (China / USA)
- The University of Toronto (Can)
- The University of British Columbia (Canada)
- King’s College (UK)
- Durham University (UK)
- The University of Queensland
To learn more about the historic academic achievements of students at YCIS, please click here.
And to learn more about behind the scenes of these and upcoming student achievements, stay tuned for our next school newsletter!