Your YCIS Academic Profile is a collection of results: Transcript Grades, IB Predicted Grades & English Placement Exams (or English A Results) that universities consider most in accepting our students. It is very good to have a clear knowledge of your progress. Please note: some items are much more important to some countries than others.
Invitation: Come to know your YCIS Academic Profile by reviewing the items below.
Once finished go to Naviance AIS Profile to complete your individual report.
(Family Connection – Under About Me Tab)
YCIS Academic Profile
- High School Transcript Grades:
Also consider the strength of your schedule – (eg. Higher level Courses are of particular interest to college admissions than standard level course work.) Clearly, the level of Grades and Scores you receive will provide more or less opportunities for acceptance.
- IB Predicted Grades: Students in Year 13 will be asking their teachers to provide IB Predicted Exam Results (early in the year after 1st report card). The IB Predicted Grades must be accurate and a reflection of your potential in these courses. Universities world-wide will consider the IB Predicted Grades as a critical component to your university applications. USA universities may also require the SAT or ACT Test.
- IGCSE Results
Some universities will require your IGCSE Certificate and Results to be either self-reported or sent in the application. Universities in the United Kingdom are the most likely to need IGCSE Certificates. You also will also need to self-report IGCSE scores to the university digitally. Further, you will need to send these results to universities in South Korea. Usually, other universities such as USA, Canada and Australia do not require the IGCSE results.
- SAT/ ACT
(Optional) ACT Score: American College Test can be taken in conjunction with or instead of the SAT
The Scholastic Aptitude Test and American College Test are standardised university admission tests for the USA. These tests are likely to be required for USA, Hong Kong and South Korean universities. YCIS Gubei offers the SAT while the Century Park campus offers the ACT.
- SAT 2: Subject Test Scores:
- University English Placement Exams: (Can be exempt with English A Examinations) IELTS Score: (UK/AUSTRALIA/ HK)
TOEFL Score: (USA/ CANADA)
http://www.TOEFL.comMost Important Requirements by Country
This is the criteria that are most important to be accepted by Country:
- Hong Kong:IB Predicted Grades Mid 30s, SAT 1850 & Above, Transcripts & Letters of Recommendation (HKU, HKUST, City, Poly, CUHK)
- USA: Send full Transcript, IB Predicted Grades, SAT / ACT Scores (secondary), Essays/Recommendations
- UK: IB and IGCSE Scores, 1 Academic Referee /Well-Crafted Personal Statement
- Canada:Upper Level Grades (HL) most important
- Japan / Korea: IB, IGCSE, SAT (possibly), Transcript & Possible National Exam
Projected Major of Study: Clearly some study majors are much more competitive than others.
For example: Medicine and Law are by far the most competitive world-wide.