- QS Times Higher Education Supplement: Know top 200 universities in the world and use this information to choose according to country choice & major
- Top Universities in Australia & Oceania
- Top Universities in New Zealand
Application Sites for Popular Universities In
|University of Melbourne||
How to apply – international undergraduate students
Checklist: are you ready to apply
– Universities will accept you based off qualifications – complete transcript, IB Scores & IGCSE/ English Exams.
- Do you have an acceptable senior secondary or tertiary qualification?
- Did you achieve the necessary grades to get into your preferred course?
- Can you prove your English language proficiency?
- Do you meet any special entry requirements (some courses have extra criteria)?
The offer of a place ultimately depends on the number of places available in each course during the year you apply.
There are 2 Main Semesters in Australia:
Semester 1: January – June & Semester 2: Late August – December
- You may apply in February for the next year’s February enrollment but will need to update your application in July after the release of IB Scores. Students should send their updated IB scores if they plan to enroll in August.
Submitting an application – step by step process
- International Students: Direct Application to each University
- Domestic Students: Identify the Admission Center you are applying through online (UAC / VTAC / QTAC etc.)
- Identify the course you want to apply for, and its closing date for applications.
- Provide all the relevant documentation.
- Pay the application processing fee
- Receive a confirmation email.
- If you are successful, the University will send you a ‘firm’ or ‘conditional’ offer.
- Accept your offer.
- Enrol with your faculty and choose your units of study
ALL Physical Documents
Send transcript/report cards
IB Predicted or Actual Scores /IELTS score
No Essay/Personal Statement
Scholarships are awarded by academic merit.
Domestic Students have more options for both scholarships and need based financial aide.
At the Unversity of Sydney: 90% live off campus only 10% on. Students should apply for on-campus housing 4-5mos prior to enrolling. There is a process to be selected to live in the residential (Harry Potter-esque) residential houses. Often a letter of recommendation / personal statement is needed followed by a Skype interview. There is a accommodation office that helps place students off campus in nearby residences. Application Portals
The Australasian Conference of Tertiary Admission Centres (ACTAC) facilitates communication between Tertiary Admission Centres throughout Australia and New Zealand. For Students the centers processes applications for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses at its participating institutions & notifies current students of their Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR). They also process equity scholarships and provide publications regarding admissions and available courses.
The most popular Admission Centers:
UAC – University Admissions Center (New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory)
· UAC provides an online applications process called Apply, as well as a Check & Change facility, which allows applicants to view and amend their application details.
VTAC covers Universities in Victoria (Including Melbourne)