Why study in the UK?
The UK offers fantastic opportunities to study an established discipline or program thru a number of internationally recognized and historic universities.
Application Due Dates
Students will apply through UCAS which allows up to 5 universities each year per student. Students can apply to UCAS on a rolling bases with deadlines coming at 2 times per year:
1. Early Application scheme for Medical & Veterinarian Science Programs & entrance to Cambridge or Oxford – October 15th
(These are extremely competitive with only 10 Universities offering Veterinarian Science & High Competition in Medical)
2. For all other university programs the date is January 15th
Application Process Overview
1. Register on UCAS (University & Colleges Admissions Service): http://www.ucas.com/apply
With an independent account not through the school. UCAS is the entryway to application to all universities within the United Kingdom.(With an Independent Account you do not need a Buzz Word.)
2. Selecting a Program (http://search.ucas.com/)
You have up to 5 choices within UCAS. You can plan to study all the way through or take a sandwich program – providing work/internship opportunities along the way.
3. Clearing House: If you are unsuccessful in being placed in 1 of the 5 university programs your application is sent to the clearing house for any university to choose to accept you.
4. Options: You can select more than 1 program for a specific university yet the personal statement needs to show preparation for the intended courses you apply to.
5. Completing Your Application (http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/filling-your-application)
- Fill in Personal Details
- Add Course Choices
- Education & Employment History
- Write Your Personal Statement
- Add 1 Teacher / Counselor Recommendation
- Review & Submit
UK Universities are very keen to see you are prepared to study the chosen program of study. So, you must show IB Predicted Scores that reflect your preparation. This report is the most important item to gain acceptance! Check to see which IB courses are required / recommended for admission to your selected course. UK Universities are very transparent about what scores you need as well as often the HL by subject. The YCIS Transcript need to be transferred onto the UCAS application and a Personal Statement about your intended goals, preparation and future contributions to their program is also needed. Please see how to write the Personal Statement in this website under Application Items.
United Kingdom Top University Requirements
Click the links to see Entry Qualifications (IB Scores) needed for these universities.
|University of Reading|
Websites to the United Kingdom (UK)QS Times Higher Education Supplement
Top 200 universities in the world by country choice & major QS Times Higher Education
Course Finder Including Foundation Year: UK Course Finder
Application Portal (UCAS)
University Search & Planning