Checkpoints Early Application (UK)
|NOTE: UK Universities Early Application scheme is for Oxford & Cambridge and Medical & Veterinarian Science Programs only.
– The Deadline Date is October 15th.
– For all other UK programs the deadline date is January 15th.These choices are extremely competitive with Veterinarian Science only offered in 10 universities across the country. To be eligible: it is critical to have posted excellent IB Scores. For Medical these should include: Math / Biology / Chemistry for admission to these programs.
You can choose only up to 4 programs in Medicine & Apply to either Cambridge or Oxford not both.
Application Overview: How It all Works!
UCAS is the entryway to application to all universities within the United Kingdom. Once there you select a program of study: (http://search.ucas.com/) You have up to 5 choices within UCAS. You can plan to study all the way through or take a sandwich program – provides work/internship opportunities. If you are unsuccessful in being placed in 1 of the 5 universities your application is sent to the clearing house for any university to choose to accept you.
Register on UCAS (University & Colleges Admissions Service)
UCAS Undergraduate Apply opens for 2017 entry on 24 May 2016.
Group Name: YCIS Beijing
Checkpoint 1: Start-Up & Clear Focus
• Determine Program(s) of Study & Up to 5 Universities
• Know IB Requirements & Open UCAS Application Portal (using individual)
• Post University Choice(s) on Naviance
• October SAT / ACT Registered & Score Report issued on Collegeboard
• TOEFL has been registered/taken and scores ready to send on Time
• Focus on Personal Statement and Begin Outline & Overall Strategy
* Personal Statement is clearly limited (4000 characters) and highly structured to show preparation, interest, and plans to achieve in a specific study program. It is possible to choose more than 1 program of study within Medical Sciences – be prepared to cover your interests in the essay.
Checkpoint 2: Application Items List – Productivity Stage
Due Date of October 10th
· Online UCAS Application has begun with Personal Information Completed include Self-Reporting of Grades from Transcript
· Personal Statement is Complete – Given to English Teacher/Counselor for Review
· Check teacher Progress with Recommendation
· Online Application is nearly complete
· Final Preparations for October SAT
· Documents provided to Mr. Gartz to submit on Naviance
(Transcript Request Form & University Supplements)
· IB Predicted Score Report & IGCSE Test Scores Ready to Send
Checkpoint 4: Application Sending
· Final Personal Statement Ready & Reviewed
· UCAS Application Ready to Submit with Credit Card
· Teacher Recommendation has been finished and Ready to send
· Entrance Tests are complete and Submitted
· Counselor Review: Meet with Mr. Gartz review all Requirements – Send