Explanation of the YCIS Academic Profile
Your YCIS Academic Profile is a collection of results: academic transcript, IGCSE & IB Predicted scores, SAT, and English Exams that universities consider most in accepting our students. It is very good to have a clear knowledge of your progress. Please note: some items are much more important to some countries than others.
Once finished go to Naviance AIS Profile to complete your individual report.
(Family Connection – Under About Me Tab)
YCIS Academic Profile
Understanding your school records sent to University: University Transcripts
1. High School Cumulative Grade Point Average:
Also consider the strength of your schedule – (eg. HL level courses are of higher interest to college admissions than SL level work.) Clearly, the level of Grades and Scores you receive will provide more or less opportunities for acceptance.
3. ACT Score: American College Test can be taken in conjunction with or instead of the SAT. http://ACT.org
or SAT 1: Critical Reading ______ Mathematics ______ Writing _______
or SAT 2: Subject Test Scores: 2. Scholastic Aptitude Test Scores:
4. University English Placement Exams: IBT TOEFL Score: (UK/AUSTRALIA/ HK)
http://www.TOEFL.com or TOEFL Score: (USA/ CANADA)
5. IB Courses & Grades Completed by Graduation:
Most Important Requirements by Country
This is the criteria that are most important to be accepted by Country:
- Hong Kong: SAT 1850 & Above, 2 SAT Subject Tests, and 3 AP Exams
(HKU, HKUST, City, Poly, CUHK)
- USA: Send full Transcript, SAT Scores (secondary), Essays/Recommendations
- UK: AP Exam Scores minimum 3 in related study areas / 1 Academic Referee /Well-Crafted Personal Statement
- Canada: Upper Level Grades (G11/12) most important
- Japan / Korea: SAT, Transcript & Possible National Exam